Her roborovskis are here too, and they pee on their wheel so much that it is unavoidable that my room smells of them :s
So apart from daily feeding I have area duty every morning and night, scrubbing wheels and cleaning out toilets :3
Here is Mint Tea looking absolutely pitiful and un-fed, with his best puss-in-boots face. May I point out that he has a tray full of fresh food beneath his paws:

...
This morning I finally managed to do something I have not had the luxury of doing in many weeks. I finally was able to take some time out whilst the laundry was in the machine, and whilst all the hungry hamsters were still snoozing, to visit everyone's blogs and pray special prayers for each of their owners.
My thoughts are especially with my god-sister. Closer than blood is our bond. For the past few days I have to say that she has been appearing and re-appearing at the forefront of my mind. Sol, Rz and I went to visit her yesterday even though Sol was nursing a bad stomach and I was bogged down with cramps and migranes.
I just wasn't going to let these get in the way of seeing her. I hate hospitals - that comes from losing my beloved grandmother and mother too young. I cannot bear the thought of spending a night alone in hospital - I think I would prefer to swap that for a night in prison. Inmates are less intimidating than doctors sometimes - at least they speak a language I understand and do things I can make logical sense of, even if they are indeed criminals.
Thinking of her spending a few nights alone, this time without the anticipation of a 'new arrival' to give her any comfort, just made my already squirming insides squirm their further disapproval.
Somehow we all managed to get there in one piece, and I even managed to pick up a copy of Female for her too. Not that she likes Female, but it came with a silver bag I knew she would like. With a limited budget this was all I could muster (I still have R's present to get too - Happy birthday R!). I feel bad about it, and honestly one magazine is really a very small gift. I just hope that our visit brought some cheer.
(As I have told a few of my friends, I have gone back to the very allowance I used to receive when I was in secondary school. However, times have changed and I find that the same amount of money has shrunk literally. I think my own secondary school cousins receive more allowance than I do now.
It has always been one of my objectives to tithe 10% of my income, but after investing so much time, tears and energy in FMC, I got to a stage where I didn't feel at peace investing my money. This has changed ever since coming to New Creation, I believe that this is the church where my future will be tied to, whether my father likes it or not. Whether he accepts it or not, this is where I have decided my family will grow up in. I somehow managed to give 10% from my meagre allowance. Oddly, I feel better about giving at NCC than at FMC, even though I could afford to give so much more because I was working then. Perhaps there is truth in what Pastor Lian once said - we feel justified in giving where there is Life. Where the Spirit is on the move.)
My naughty niece was quite happy to have people play with her and shower her with attention as always :) She is a precious little one and I really pray that someday, she will have a little brother or sister to play with and love. I guess I have seen how lonely a single child can be, and honestly, I see some signs of that loneliness already in her. Perhaps this is why I am anxious for my sister's well-being. It broke my heart last night seeing her so weak. Yeah I know it's a minor operation. Yeah I know it's a common diagnosis these days. But she is my sister.
...
Rz parents have finally come with us to church. I hope that the Lord ensures that the foundation of their faith is laid right, well and thick.
...
The situation with my dad and his girlfriend has seen some progress - in the wrong direction.
After giving him so much feedback about the situation at home, over the past nine years, he has come to one conclusion.
He now believes that there is something seriously wrong with his daughter. She has a personality disorder, he thinks, and is obsessive compulsive. He also thinks that she needs to get over her mother's death and accept that his girlfriend is his choice and it is his life. He doesn't realise that because we are family, living in the same house, his life choices adversely affect his daughter too.
Now his daughter is not able to give him feedback whenever his girlfriend does something to disrupt the peace because she is fearful of re-enforcing the idea that she has a personality disorder.
...
I guess I see quite a few chasms right now that I know only God can fill.
- 19 June 2007 9:13am -
1 comment:
Hi dear - I'm so sorry that it's so tough with your dad right now.
He has NO right to tell you how to feel about your mom's death. NO right whatsoever.
As far as his girlfriend, alack and alas, it's his bed to lie in, so to speak.
And I WISH I could come and visit and meet all of those ADORABLE Hammies!
Post a Comment